There’s no doubt about it: Job hunting can be frustrating, stressful, demeaning and draining. Sometimes, it feels like it’s sucking away the very last of your self-confidence. And the longer it drags on, the worse it gets, right?
Who wants that? The good news is: There’s a solution that can relieve this pain and make your search a success. By partnering with the right job placement agency, you’ll be well on your way to landing a job that meets your needs and satisfies your passions.
The Benefits of Partnering with an Agency
Job placement agencies aren’t just for finding temporary or entry-level jobs. The best ones excel in these areas, but also work with candidates ranging from those seeking their first-ever job to CEOs and seasoned veterans. The key lies in finding the right one for you. When you do, your recruiter:
- Serves as your personal advocate. Recruiters do more than just share your resume with employers. They’re your greatest advocate when discussing your unique talents and value with hiring managers.
- Helps refine your resume and polish your application package. Your recruiter can offer essential advice on crafting or updating your resume and LinkedIn profile, helping you to highlight your talents and experience in the best way possible. The same holds true for your professional portfolio and any other collateral materials.
- Offers coaching. This applies not only to resumes, but also to interviews and to every step of the hiring process. Once you land a job, your recruiter can assist with the transition process and salary negotiation.
- Provides invaluable market intelligence. The right recruiter is one who is tapped into the job market in your chosen field and desired geographic area. They know who’s hiring, and who’s planning to hire or expand in the near future. They have access to openings that fit your needs, event before they’re posted or advertised, and they can help you get your foot in the door. And, they know what salaries professionals in your field currently earn.
How to Find the Right Agency
When you’re assessing job placement agencies, make sure they specialize in your chosen career field and find out whether they recruit for temporary, consulting, contract-to-hire or direct hire positions – or all of the above. In addition:
- Interview them. Ask questions, and keep digging till you’re satisfied with what you hear. Ask what kinds of jobs they typically fill, which industries they work with, and the average time it takes a job seeker to land a job. The recruiter you choose is there to serve you, so don’t hesitate to gather all the information you need to make a decision.
- See what services they offer. Among others, these may include skills development workshops or networking events to help you meet like-minded professionals and build your contact base.
If you’re job hunting in engineering, accounting, finance, marketing, logistics, cybersecurity, IT or supply chain management, consider partnering with TRC Professional Solutions. We’ll help you search confidentially with leading employers from coast to coast. Find your next great opportunity by contacting us today.